10 steps to being the ultimate classy lady
As much as we all love wearing sweats and a messy ponytail, there is a time and place for everything. When it’s time to put down the Nutella, stop binge-watching Orange is the New Black, and go out for a night on the town or a shopping day with your girlfriends, you certainly want to take your style to a different level. Getting that classy lady look is not as hard as you might think. These ten simple, classy chic tips are a great place to start.
- Go Back to Black – Whether you choose the “little black dress” or prefer another piece, wearing black earns you instant classy chic points. Black is naturally slimming and serves as a great canvas for you to show off your favorite accessories.
• Wear a Statement Piece – So, you have a beautiful, bold necklace or ring that you love, but how do you wear it? Wear it as a statement piece. Make sure you choose this as the star of your outfit and keep everything else simple. You’ll keep your look classy and attractive.
• Say it with Makeup – Don’t go out without your makeup! Even if you don’t like a full face of makeup, just putting on a bit of mascara and some lip gloss will give you a polished, put-together appearance that is classy all on its own.
• Scarves, Any Which Way You Can – Scarves are an ultimate accessory choice for the classy woman. You can wear them “traditionally” to keep your neck warm, but you can also choose to tie it around your waist, use a skinny scarf in your hair or as a head wrap. The possibilities are endless.
• The Belt – Have a “boring” dress? Add a belt and suddenly it is much more interesting! Additionally, simply adding a belt to your designer jeans or slacks can bring that outfit up to a whole new level—making it much less casual.
• Purse and Shoe Parings – Take a few extra minutes and match your shoes with your purse. The look is pure class, and it doesn’t take much effort to get this timeless look.
• Sparkle – While you may not want to go “blinged out,” there is nothing wrong with adding a little sparkle and shine to your normal look. Don’t be afraid to wear something shiny or with some gemstones. Classy ladies love to sparkle.
• Choose the Right Fragrance – A classy look is highlighted with a classy scent. It might be time to retire that Bath and Body Works scent and choose something a bit more sophisticated. Next time you are at the mall, try a scent or two and find one that works well with your body chemistry.
• Classics Never Go Out of Style – Classic looks are always classy. Think Audrey Hepburn or Elizabeth Taylor. Those outfits they wore 50 years ago are still as relevant today as they were back then.
• Don’t Just Look Classy, Be Classy – Finally, make sure you ARE a classy woman, not just dressed like one. Give up your seat for an older person on the bus, hold the door for a stranger, pay it forward at Starbucks. Be classy and you will look classy.
The best thing about achieving a classy look is to remember that sometimes keeping it simple is best. Don’t go overboard and try for too many accessories, trends or makeup styles at one time. Choose a simple, classic outfit and build from that. Before you know it, you’ll have that look you love, and you will have others wondering what it takes to look as put together, and yes, classy, as you do!